Happy New Year everyone! I'm glad to say that our baby will be born in 2010 and no earlier. Our New Year's was very nice--lots of visitors, my Mom and Dad arrived, and Nick hung out to ring in 2010 with me. We played some Scrabble (I just barely won--that silly Q!) and watched Pirates of the Carribbean 2. He brought some sparkling juices that we shared with the staff as we counted down the last minute. It was as fun as being in the hospital on a holiday can be.

I got a decent night's sleep, even with the fireworks going off around town (can sound like a war zone if you're right down in it--the Germans sure like their New Year's fireworks!). This morning they took me up for monitering again and everything looks good so far. The Dr. did an ultrasound to check amnio fluid levels, which are still very low. The good news is that baby is in more of a transverse position (sitting across my belly) instead of right-side-up. We're making progress! Another 1/4 turn and we should be sitting good, whenever delivery should happen. Doc also said he'd put an order in so the staff won't be waking me up in the middle of the night to take my stats anymore, so I can rest more easily. My bed here in the Mother/Baby ward is much more comfortable than the one upstairs, for which I am very thankful. Baby is still having strong heartbeat readings, and moving about a lot, which is also very good.
As I mentioned before, my parents arrived yesterday afternoon. Our kids will now be able to be at home most of the time, which will help them have more of a "normal" time with Mommy being gone. Both kids, when they left yesterday, asked why I wasn't coming home, too, which just breaks my heart. They seem to be holding up well, though. I'm sure being at home and sleeping in their own beds will help a lot. Thank you to all our friends who helped out with them this week! I know they had a blast.
Other than that, it's pretty much the same. I'm thankful for all of you who have taken time to come and visit--it keeps my mind from wandering and wishing I wasn't here. It's good to know what's going on "on the outside."
I hope you all had a fun New Year's Eve, and pray blessings for the next year. It's going to be an eventful one for us, that's for sure!
I got a decent night's sleep, even with the fireworks going off around town (can sound like a war zone if you're right down in it--the Germans sure like their New Year's fireworks!). This morning they took me up for monitering again and everything looks good so far. The Dr. did an ultrasound to check amnio fluid levels, which are still very low. The good news is that baby is in more of a transverse position (sitting across my belly) instead of right-side-up. We're making progress! Another 1/4 turn and we should be sitting good, whenever delivery should happen. Doc also said he'd put an order in so the staff won't be waking me up in the middle of the night to take my stats anymore, so I can rest more easily. My bed here in the Mother/Baby ward is much more comfortable than the one upstairs, for which I am very thankful. Baby is still having strong heartbeat readings, and moving about a lot, which is also very good.
As I mentioned before, my parents arrived yesterday afternoon. Our kids will now be able to be at home most of the time, which will help them have more of a "normal" time with Mommy being gone. Both kids, when they left yesterday, asked why I wasn't coming home, too, which just breaks my heart. They seem to be holding up well, though. I'm sure being at home and sleeping in their own beds will help a lot. Thank you to all our friends who helped out with them this week! I know they had a blast.
Other than that, it's pretty much the same. I'm thankful for all of you who have taken time to come and visit--it keeps my mind from wandering and wishing I wasn't here. It's good to know what's going on "on the outside."
I hope you all had a fun New Year's Eve, and pray blessings for the next year. It's going to be an eventful one for us, that's for sure!
5 comments:
Heather, the Waite girls are praying for you. I didn't even know you were pregnant so it has been surprising to hear the news. Just wanted you to know we were covering you and rejoicing in each day that baby can stay in there.
Excited to see pictures of a healthy screamin baby and a smiling mama.
Sommer for the Waites
Heather--Happy New Year dear! Praying for you and miss you a lot. Can you skype while in the hospital? It would be great to catch up ;)
Happy New Year to all of you! And thank you, dear little baby, for cooking in there a little longer. Love to all of you!
Hi Heather, What good news that the baby seems to be repositioning. It's great to be able to stay updated this way. We think of you and pray for you often. We're thankful things are going as well as they can in this situation. We talked on the phone with your Mom a few hours ago and are so glad she & your Dad were able to get right over there. I look forward to taking the "second shift" and having some time with all of you again.
Love, Sue
That little baby is SO loved already with prayers from around the world for a safe delivery. It's great to be able to keep in touch so easily! Love to all- Aunt Viv
Post a Comment