Today we had more good progress with nursing, and the doc cut his feeding tube amount in half in response to how well he's doing. They'll continue to moniter his weight gain, and if he's still doing well and nursing long enough, will cut his feedings back until eventually he's only nursing. It's an exciting step! He also got his eyes checked today, which was hard to watch. Titus did great, being as he had his eyes clamped open while the opthamologist checked how well his retina is developing. He's still "immature" in that area, but that's completely normal for his age and prematurity. They'll check him again in two weeks. The doc was amazed at how strong he is, as he kept trying to close his eyes even though they were clamped open. We're thankful that everything looks okay so far.
Here's some great Titus looks. I had just changed the most full poopy diaper I've seen from him yet, and he was stretching out and checking out his surroundings afterwards. I think he was looking for food, as it was time to eat...
arms and legs flailing about wildly
This one looks like he's winding up for some kind of karate move
Hey, Mom, what's that?
Hmmmm...
The rest of the fam had a good day, too. Ezra started kindergarten this morning with Stella, and Nick said he did great when he dropped them off. Ezra said, "Go play now," and walked away from Nick with no problem whatsoever. I'm thankful he will have a place to go and have fun while Nick gets to spend some time with Titus, or running necessary errands.
(Ezra always squeezes his eyes shut when you ask him to smile for a picture)
Afterwards, Nick took them outside to play in the snow. They especially enjoy bouncing on the trampoline when it's covered in snow. Nick also got to take Jackson out for a snowshoe hike in our woods, of which I am jealous! When we moved here, we both noticed how great the woods around our house would be for snowshoeing, as there is little to no undergrowth or bushes. Now that we actually have enough snow (for the first time!), and it's the last year we're here, I'm not physically able to do it. Argh. Oh well, I have more important things to attend to! There will be plenty of time for snowshoeing some day in the future...
4 comments:
There looks like there's so much more to Titus then even last week when I saw him. His legs don't look so skinny and his cheeks are getting a little pudge on them.
Thankful to Go d that everything continues to go so well for you, little Titus, and your whole family.
Wow, the woods look beautiful with all of that snow!
The many faces of Titus are just totally precious. I can't believe how fully formed he looks -- not like the awkward preemie you'd expect at this age. So cute!!
I'm so glad Titus is doing well!! You've all been in our prayers. Lovely pictures of the snow!
is ezra going to german kindergarten? how old is he, by the way? they look too cute in the pic!
Post a Comment