
Here it is, our Christmas tree (Weihnachtsbaum). It's pretty cool, the next village over, Miesenbach, has a small place where you can go cut down fresh trees. It's basically a regular farm with about an acre of trees. It's just nice to be able to go 5 minutes from your house to get a tree. The folks who own the farm were really nice, and we were able to communicate with a combo of broken German and English. Stella was very interested in their dog, Bonnie, and their ponies.
It had a really nice spike on the top, perfect for the tree topper, but we had to cut it off in order to fit it in our house. This is still the biggest tree we've had yet, though. Stella and Jackson had a lot of fun checking it out. Then, after 3 trips to the store (yes, 3!) to get lights (500 in total, though I could have used 550. sigh.) we were ready to decorate it. I think this was Stella's favorite part!

She really enjoyed playing with all the "non-breakable" ornaments, and actually managed to break a few! (We now have a few headless straw angels.) I have these little pedal car ornaments that she really liked pushing all over the floor (ca! ca!) Now it's just a matter of seeing how many times a day I have to put ornaments back on the tree!
No comments:
Post a Comment