
You read it right! Titus is 3 months old today. Time flies when you're busy busy busy...

I love that he's finally smiling while AWAKE, though I was jealous this week of all the people who he smiled at besides ME. He finally shot me one later in the week and melted my little heart. He was very happy during our photo shoot, though I'm pretty sure it was mainly from all the little (and NOT so little) toots he was producing. He thought it was pretty funny.
He's doing GREAT, even though he's had a cold already. Thankfully it wasn't anything major--icky nose and a cough with a very low fever. The Dr. gave him some nose drops to help keep him cleared up and they seemed to do the trick. I was a little worried, just knowing that preemies are at higher risk of getting secondary infections and such from simple colds, but this was not our case, thank God. After about a week he was doing much better. I'm not sure how much he weighs at the moment, but I would guess around 8 1/2 pounds, if not a little more. He is VERY strong, and loves to lift his head up, and when you hold him up on your shoulder he's usually up and looking around. As far as personality goes, I'm thinking he's a morning person for now. He's happiest in the morning, at least. The evening times get pretty hairy as he's pretty fussy. As I recall, at least Stella, if not Ezra, too, was this way. It's amazing what you forget in such short time! Titus is definitely NOT colicky, just fussy before bedtime. Usually walking him around does the trick.

It's been fun seeing Titus be awake and a bit more interactive. He's most content while being held, of course, or taking a ride in the sling with Mama. Thankfully, he's starting to like being in his swing for periods of time, so Mama can get breakfast ready for Stella and Ezra, or wash dishes, etc. He also likes to "stand" on your lap and do leg push-ups.

Speaking of the other two, they've been having much fun with our very spacious house and furniture that is not ours. The cushions to the couch and chairs are of particular interest, and have become many different kinds of forts, houses, castles, etc.
Wait, who's in there?


Peek-a-boo!

The weather has finally started to look and feel spring-like (the daffodils and forsythia are blooming and I see buds on the trees!), so we've been enjoying time outside. There's still days
where it's rainy and chilly, but these are getting fewer.

Look out, he's armed with his "shooter thing."


This weekend we hosted a BBQ in honor of some dear friends who are moving next weekend. This next month is going to be a hard one for us as we say good-bye to many folks who are leaving, and then leaving ourselves! Meanwhile we have a LOT to get done...

1 comment:
Heather, you almost inspire me to start blogging again. "Almost" because as I type, I have dishes in the sink I should be washing, and precious minutes of sleep I should be getting. But, I loved reading this and looking at the cute pictures. I can't believe Titus is 3 months old already. We are going to miss seeing him get bigger and bigger. Thanks for throwing the BBQ on Friday, we had a lot of fun.
Post a Comment