
Yep, she's three! Can you believe it? May 24th came so fast this year. This little girl got two birthday parties, too!

Our first round o' birthday fun was a BBQ (kicked of our BBQs for the summer months, too) at our place. We invited our friends (kids and parents) to come over, grill out, and play in our enormous backyard.

When I asked Stella what kind of birthday cake she wanted, her first response was always "a kitty cake." She would then change her mind about 5 times, but the first was always the kitty. So, I asked her what color of kitty she wanted, and she said, "Orange. And Pink." :) So, Mommy obliged and made Stella an orange and pink kitty cake. Turned out pretty good, and I had some leftovers with which I made a mouse. Can't let good homemade birthday cake go to waste!

Stella had a pile of presents to open, and I think she got a little overwhelmed. Nick got the kids to "ooo" and "aaa" over and over again, which was slightly obnoxious after a while. I think she had fun, though, and has used all of her presents well.

Her second birthday party (on her actual birthday) was at a B&B in Normandy, because we went there over Memorial Day weekend. Gammy and Papa were visiting, so it made it that much more special. The owners arranged for decorations and a lovely French cake.



After dinner, we went outside and popped the poppers and did sparklers. It was great fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment