Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Been a long time

Well, we have thoroughly neglected our blog! It has been over two months since our last post. A little update first. My Bell's Palsy is about 98% better. No one can tell I even had it, which is a huge blessing. Thank you, all of you who prayed for me! The only residual effects that I can tell is that my hearing is sometimes more sensitive and a little muffled in the left ear (the side that was affected), and some of my muscles don't move quite the same way. This is most noticeable to me when I'm yawning or smiling REALLY big. I don't think anyone else would notice, though. Most of the effects were gone within 3-4 weeks, which was very nice. I'm thankful it was not a prolonged ailment!

Other than that, Stella just continues to get bigger, converse even more skillfully (like using correct past, present and future tense a lot of the time), and ask a million questions about what's going on around her. She's especially excited to meet her baby brother, and I think she actually understands that there will be a baby in the house soon. This morning she asked if he could come out now (I had a Drs. appt this morning, which I think spurred that one). And, she's asked to hold him. Sweet girl.

That being said, I'm in my 37th week, and all is looking good. He's developing well, and showing all the signs of getting ready for coming into the world outside my tummy. We are eager to meet him, and hope he comes a little early like Stella did. My parents are coming to visit in early November (Stella will tell you, "Grandma and Papa coming in Nobember!"), so it would be nice to be out of the hospital and settled at least a little bit. But, we have no control over that of course. Oh, and I'll post some new ultrasound stuff on YouTube as well, although the angles aren't as great just because he doesn't have as much room to move around in there anymore. You'll have "real" pictures soon enough!

Other than that, we have been busy with many guests visiting. I am going to post about each visit over the course of this week. We have a ton of new photos up on Flickr, as well, so enjoy those.

No comments: